A Particular Workflow is Not Migrated to Runtime Repository After an Incremental Migration.
(Doc ID 2698583.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2023
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 19.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
here is a particular workflow (XYZ) where changes were made in the Design Repository are not migrated to the target environment during a Incremental Migration.
If we create a brand new workflow or update existing one (ABC) and execute an Incremental Migration it works fine, and both workflows, the new one and the ABC updated workflow, are migrated with success. When executing these workflows we can see in the log files the new workflow and the new steps on workflow ABC. But for workflow XYZ, although a new version of the workflow is activated when the workflow executes, none of the changes made are present in the target Runtime Repository environment.
Another unusual behavior is that there are two versions of a Workflow (XYX for example) activated by Incremental Migration. In Site Map> Administration - Business Process > Workflow Deployment> Active Workflow Processes, the first one is set to Outdated and the second one is set to Active. The Active shows Repository Version 1 , while Outdated show Repository Version 0.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In the Development environment add a step to Workflow XYZ, and deliver the change to MAIN Workspace.
2. Execute an Incremental Migration from DR to RR environment.
3. Login to the RR environment and execute the Workflow, the log files show that step added in step 1 is never executed, but this is the first set added to the Workflow.
4. Also the EAIObjMgr log files on the Runtime Repository environment that executed the Incremental Migration Active Workflow step show that two records were imported and activated for workflow XYZ.
5. The same can be observed on Site Map> Administration - Business Process > Workflow Deployment> Active Workflow Processes, two versions active for same Workflow, one with Outdated status and other one Active, but neither seems to have the change made on the DR environment.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document