Inactivating A Task Event Has No Effect, After Publish/Active The Task the Corresponding Task Event Is Still Executed
(Doc ID 2700665.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 14, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 188.8.131.52 [IP2014] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After set Inactivate flag = True (checked) on Siebel Tools for a existing Task and Publish/Active the Task, the associated Task Event is processed and executed..
The Siebel Developers expected that once you set to True the Inactive flag for the Task Event associated to a Task Base U, the Task Event should be ignored and not executed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a Task UI or update a existing one in Siebel Tools > Task, for example you can update out of the box task "FS Asset To Contract Task" and click on Tools toolbar button Revise
- Than on Tools> Task > Task Event create a Post-Cancel event and set Workflow Process to a existing workflow
- Set Inactive check box for the Task Event created above to Y (checked).
- In Siebel Tools toolbar click Publish/Activate for the Task modified.
- Login to Siebel Application and click on Task button on Application Toolbar
- Execute the Task on Siebel Application and once the task show up click on Cancel button to cancel the Task
- Verify in the Object Manager log files that the workflow associated on step 2 has been executed even after set the Task Event to Inactive= TRUE in step 3 above.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document