Column Encryption Not Working In 20.4 but Works in 20.8
(Doc ID 2715911.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 20.4 to 20.7 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Field Encryption does not work in IP20.4 environment.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. created 2 new columns in the table S_SYS_PREF.
X_EVALUE with the folling properties:
- Type: varchar 250
- Computation Expression: SiebelEncrypt.RC2([X_EVALUE])
- Encrypt Key Specifier: X_EVALUE_ENCRPKEY_REF
X_EVALUE_ENCRPKEY_REF of type varchar 30
2. Create 2 new fields for above new columns created and map in "System Preference Applet
3. Apply table changes and deliver workspace changes
4. Create new record in system preference, field X_EVALUE is not encrypted in database and X_EVALUE_ENCRPKEY_REF stays empty
same configuration works in 20.8 and comparing Object manager logs, verified that Business Service 'SiebelEncryptKey' is executed in non working 20.4 Environment.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document