Password Validation Error rc = -2146500507 In DB2Diag.LOG After Changing User Password
(Doc ID 2733644.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Gateway Bootstrap Error Info (401) and Password validation Error in DB2Diag.LOG When Logging in to SMC With User other than SADMIN
File Name: db2diag.log
See the following error: Password validation for user A0***5 failed with rc = -2146500507
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Installed IP17 install and patch 19.8
2. completed Configuration using SMC
3. After 3 Month upgraded to IP 20.5
4. Siebel works fine for 5 weeks until an administrator has changed his admin password (NOT SADMIN password).
5. From this point onward error messages referring to incorrect DB authentications with the User-ID of the administrator, who changed the password, were found in the DB2DIAG.LOG.
6. siebel works fine except seeing error in the db2diag.log
After changing the admin user password getting error with user_id in db2diag.log
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document