When Red Hat Enterprise 8 / Oracle Linux 8 Is Used As Siebel Server Platform, siebenv.sh Fails With "undefined symbol: xcb_poll_for_reply64" Error. Then Siebel Server Doesn't Startup Correctly.
(Doc ID 2734021.1)
Last updated on APRIL 27, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 20.1 to 21.1 [Release V17]
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Siebel 20.x is being installed using the following software combination:
Linux Red Hat Enterprise 8.2
Oracle database server 19.3
Installation has been done without error. After that these two issues are observed.
1) When dbenv.sh (for new Siebel Database) or siebenv.sh (with existing Siebel Database for Siebel Server) is sourced, this error is returned.
*** The error at dbenv.sh does not affect Siebel Database setup.
2) When the above error is ignored for siebenv.sh and start_server is executed, object manager components are not starting up. Siebel Enterprise Server log shows SBL-GEN-00127 error.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install IP17 on Red Hat 8 or Oracle Linux 8 (or Solaris 11.3).
2. Install update 20.x on top of IP17.
3. dbenv.sh or siebenv.sh is sourced to see the issue at 1).
4. start_server is executed to see the issue at 2).
** The same issue is observed on Solaris 11.3 environment.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document