How To Send Email Attachment With Content Type As text/calendar, While Sending Emails From Siebel Application
(Doc ID 2734954.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 8.1  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How to send attachment with content type as text/calendar, while sending email from Siebel Application?
Currently when create an attachment in Siebel type a meeting/appointment with extesion .ics (iCalendar file) and trying to send the .ics file as an email attachment from Siebel the attachment in MIME file is not set to text/calendar.
So the recipient receiving the email see the attachment as a regular attachment file and NOT as a iCalendar file that they can quickly open and accept the invitation.
The behavior can be reproduce as follow:
- Create a .ics file on MS Outlook for an appointment, for example basic.ics
- Login to Siebel Application navigate to Contacts and drilldown on "Administrator" Last Name
- Add the attachment file created on step 1 as an attachment for Administrator" contact
- Keep focus on the attachment and press F9 to send an email with the attachement
- Press send button to send the email with the attached iCalendar file
- Verify on Siebel Server folder /siebsrvr/bin/sent and check the MIME file generated for the email sent SMTP_xxxx_xxx_xxx_xxx.tmp file (This required Internet SMTP/POP3 or IMAP Server driver parameter Save Sent Message = TRUE)
- Opening the MIME file on a text editor shows Content-Type for the attachment iCalendar file basic.ics not as text/calendar:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document