Unable To Enter Special Characters In To Siebel Open UI Application With Hungarian Keyboard In Edge/IE Browser
(Doc ID 2747183.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 17, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 188.8.131.52 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With Hungarian Keyboard when tried to type special characters, characters are not written in to Siebel application in IE/Edge browser. Working fine in Chrome and Mozilla browsers and also able to enter special characters in other applications with IE/Edge browser
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Add Hungarian Keyboard to windows and Select Hungarian
2. In windows Go to Start > Settings > Easy Access > Keyboard.
3. Turn on the "Onscreen Keyboard" option
4. Online Keyboard is popup
5. Launch Siebel application in IE/Edge browser
6. Go to Activities and try typing special characters like @, >, < ...etc which is not getting written on the field 'Comments'
Note: To Type special characters from Hungarian keyboard combination used as below
@ (Alt Gr + v), < (Alt Gr + í), > (Alt Gr + y), [ (Alt Gr + f), ] (Alt Gr + g)
7. With same Online Key board in IE/Edge browser try typing special characters like @, >, < ...etc in URL or any other place.
8. Special characters are getting written
9. Launch Siebel application in other browser like Mozilla
10. Special characters are written on siebel fields with Online Keyboard
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document