Gateway Security Profile Creation Failing with Database SSL using Advanced Mode in 20.10 with error "Profile Validation Failed"
(Doc ID 2751946.1)
Last updated on APRIL 07, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 20.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 20.10 version, Installation
When attempting to create gateway security profile with DB SSL using advanced mode option in 20.10 by following reference note : 2528645.1, it is failing with SMC error "Profile Validation Failed"
localhost*.log of cgw:
12-Jan-2021 09:47:51.897 INFO [https-jsse-nio-9001-exec-4] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log Discovery: ReqType for framework is : https:// .
12-Jan-2021 09:47:51.933 INFO [https-jsse-nio-9001-exec-6] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log Discovery: Connection to Registry Failed
12-Jan-2021 09:47:51.934 INFO [https-jsse-nio-9001-exec-6] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log Discovery: Exception Occurred:: null
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install Siebel 17 + 20.10 update as new installation
2. Perform Database upgrade to upgrade Siebel seed data to 20.10
3. Login to Siebel Management Console
4. Create Gateway with Gateway Host & HTTSPort
5. During security profile creation, provide all DB SSL details and click submit
6. Profile submission for Security will fail with error "Profile Validation Failed"
20.10 introduces DB SSL for Security profile
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document