LOV Import Service Creates Records in Multiple Languages OR Fails With ORA-00001: unique constraint and SBL-EAI-04381
(Doc ID 2752888.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 25, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 20.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 20.6 version, Siebel EAI
When attempting to use the LOV Import Service created from Siebel CRM 18.12 Update Guide "Instructions for 28479165" to update a LOV display value the following behaviors may occur:
- LOV records are created in other languages. e.g: New records meant to be created in DEU language (Any installed non-ENU language) may be created in ENU language.
- Records with the Display Value updated may fail with the error below:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Manually implement the "Instructions for 28479165" seen in Siebel CRM 18.12 Update Guide to create the integration object "List Of Values" and business service "LOV Import Service"
2. In BS Simulator, simulate EAI Siebel Adapter to query the IO "List Of Values" to produce a Siebel Message with existing LOV values. E.g : produce 10 LOV records in the output .
3. In the outputs applet (lower most) , click Save To File and Edit the XML so that the LOV TYPE is unique (new) and the DISPLAY VALUE is also unique and Language is DEU (any installed language different than ENU).
4. In BS Simulator , top applet, remove the EAI Siebel Adapter line and add a new Line for "LOV Import Service"
5. In the middle applet (inputs) click load from file and load the edited file from #3.
6. Click run and review the LOVs created. Notice some were created in ENU instead of DEU.
Update the XML from step #3 again. This time just update the the display value. e.g for the LOV MR_MS, update the display value "Dr." to "Dr. Update".
7. Run "LOV Import Service" on the updated message and notice the SBL-EAI-52159 error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document