Migration Application May Fail With Unfriendly Error "SBL-GEN-00000: Unable to load message 0xffff" When Siebel File System Is Not Shared Correctly.
(Doc ID 2753405.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 23, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 20.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Execution of migration plan may fail with "couldn't open log file" and "Unable to load message 0xffff(SBL-GEN-00000)".
Here is a scenario to have this issue.
1) Initially Siebel environment is configured using just one server host, say Sieb1.
2) Siebel File System is (incorrectly) configured to use the local directory on Sieb1.
3) On this environment, migration plan works fine as there is no access issue.
4) Later new Siebel Server Sieb2 is deployed.
5) When migration plan is executed, it shows the above error.
(When EAIObjMgr on Sieb2 attempts to access Siebel File System/migration/ArchiveID/log directory, it cannot find the path because the location is only accessible from Sieb1.)
Here are sample screenshot, migration.log and corresponding EAIObjMgr log file.
6-1) "History" on Siebel Migration.
There are two issues here.
- Failure on migration plan execution.
- Unfriendly error message on EIM Object Manager log file.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document