After Marking the Siebel Upgrade Repository Merge Conflicts as Resolved, There Is No IRM Record in S_INST_UPG_HIST Table
(Doc ID 2761518.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2021
Applies to:Siebel Financial Services CRM - Version 20.12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Siebel Upgrade from IP16 to 20.12 in the development environment:
After upgrep, repository merge executions and conflict resolution marked as solved, there is no row in table S_INST_UPG_HIST reporting that the IRM was executed.
The issue can be reproduced as following:
- From the Windows Siebel Server, start programs, run Siebel Database Configuration Wizard;
- Provide all parameters required to run the Upgrep phase (Siebel Database Upgrade Guide 20.12 > Performing the Siebel Incremental Repository Merge > Upgrading the Siebel Database Schema);
- Run Upgrep ;
- During the Upgrep pause, back up db and run the update statistic;
- Call upgrep from command line using command siebel-root\bin\siebupg /m master_upgrep_dev_160.ucf ;
- After a successful repository merge execution, verify and solve the attribute differences and mark the conflicts as solved;
- Run fullpublish (Tools-root\bin\siebdev command);
- Call Upgphys using Siebel Database Upgrade Guide 20.12 > Performing the Siebel Incremental Repository Merge > Upgrading a Custom Database Schema ;
- Upgphys will fail while processing verify_irm, because no irm related record was found in SIEBEL.S_INST_UPG_HIST table;
This environment was previously connecting db04 before the upgrade and db05 is the db to be upgraded. Connections (odbc) and connect strings were adjusted to point to db05 database.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document