ADM (Application Deployment Manager) Project Sequence Number Is Ignored In A Migration Plan
(Doc ID 2773691.1)
Last updated on MAY 10, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a Migration Plan to migrate an ADM Project, the sequential number for each ADM Project to be imported can be set.
For example; If trying to migrate the following ADM Projects "Test1" and "Test2" and for some reason, you want to execute them in order. You can set the "Test1" with the sequential number to 2 and then the "Test2" the sequential number to 1 as shown in the first screenshot below.
However, it was found that during the Migration Plan Execution the Sequential Number for each ADM Project is getting ignored and the Migration Operation executes first the ADM Project "Test 1" as shown in the second screenshot below.
Steps to Reproduce the issue:
1. From Siebel Application, go to Application Deployment Manager > ADM Projects and have 2 ADM Projects created.
2. Login into Migration Application.
3. Create a new Migration Plan.
4. Select the two ADM Projects created and add any sequential number.
5. Saved the Migration Plan.
6. Execute the Migration Plan.
7. "Test1" was executed first and then "Test2". Under the migration execution view the "Seq Num" column shows the Migration Execution first executed "Test1" ADM Project and then "Test2". It was expected to have "Test 2" executed first and then "Test 1" Project.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document