Business Service Server Script Overwritten With Older Version While Delivering Workspace
(Doc ID 2774821.1)
Last updated on MAY 13, 2021
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Business Service Server Script getting overwritten with older version when delivering the workspace.
Login into Siebel Tools and perform the below steps:
1. Create an Integration Workspace from MAIN: int_1
2. Create a Development WS from the IWS int_1: dev_sadmin_1
3. Open a Business Service (service_1), edit one of the service functions (function_1) and Save.
4. Deliver the DWS dev_sadmin_1_1
5. Create another IWS from MAIN: int_2
6. Create a Development WS from the IWS int_2: dev_sadmin_2_1
7. Open the same BS edited in the step 3 and do not edit the function_1 but add a new function: function_0
8. Now deliver int_1 to MAIN
9. Create another DWS from the IWS int_2: dev_sadmin_2_2
10. Edit any other object in the new DWS, for example an Applet "Comment"
11. Deliver dev_sadmin_2_2 to the IWS
12. Rebase the IWS int_2
13. Deliver the DWS dev_sadmin_2_1. An error message appears "Non trivial change found, please Rebase..."
14. Rebase dev_sadmin_2_1.
15. Deliver dev_sadmin_2_1. This time the Deliver completes, but this is where the issue happens. When looking at the Merge Report we can see the function_1 "Script" has been updated with the version on dev_sadmin_2_1. This is wrong. The function_1 Script was NOT updated at all in the dev_sadmin_2_1 WS so it should not have been delivered to the IWS int_2.
16. Deliver int_2 to MAIN: function_1 is overwritten with the wrong version.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document