Task Base UI Debug Option May Cause Siebel Object Manager Crash With No crash.txt or .fdr For Some Errors During Task Execution
(Doc ID 2777156.1)
Last updated on MAY 23, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to run Debug Mode for Task Based UI on Siebel Web Client, sporadically the following message show up for the user and the Siebel Web Client hangs On Task Debug Window
This seems to occurs to some Tasks when an error occurs while the Task is been executed.
The behavior could be reproduce using Siebel standard Tasks on a standard Siebel Repository:
1) Enable the standard Task "FS Asset To Contract Task" at Site Map> Administration - Business Process > Task Deployment
2) Set the Object Manager parameter EnableRestrictedMenu = TRUE
3) Restart the Object Manager parameter for the change above take effect.
4) Login to Siebel Application
5) Go to application menu Tools > Debug Mode to enabled Task Debug Mode.
6) Click on application toolbar icon Tasks to open the Task Panel
7) Start tasks "Assets to Agreement" drill down on it
8) Task Properties debug window show up, cursor spins for about 20 seconds, click on Continue once it returns
9)On Tasks select Create New Agreement and Click on Next
10) Keep navigating and passing through the Tasks Properties debug windows, which usually takes several seconds.
11) At Assets to Agreement Select a Service Package to be added to the Agreement click on Next, the server busy error above show up.
After that checking the Siebel Enterprise Server log we can see that the Siebel Object Manager component exited with error, that is crashed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document