Email File Attachment Being Sent Without Extension After Upgrade to 21.2 Update From Siebel 15.0
(Doc ID 2783722.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 21.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Siebel developers notice that a customization made to send emails file attachment generated from Siebel BIP Reports are been sent without the .pdf or .xlsx extension.
The report is generating the file to be attached to the outbound email correctly with expected .pdf or .xlsx extension on the Siebel machine.
The same customization existed before Siebel CRM 21.2 upgrade, that is on Siebel Innovation Pack 2015 the functionality works as expected and the reports attached to the outbound email contains the extension.
The custom code call the Outbound Communications Manager business service Method SendMessage to send the email with the BIP report file. The behavior could be reproduce calling this Business Services from Business Services simulator as below:
1) Create/Update an Internet SMTP/POP3 Profiles to be able to send email in Site Map > Administration - Communications >Communications Driver and Profiles > select Internet SMTP/POP3 Server profiles and set for Default SMTP Profile:
2) Create a PDF file on the Siebel Server running CommOutboundMgr component.
3) Go to Site Map > Administration - Business Services > Simulator
4) Simulate Business Service = Outbound Communications Manager and Method = SendMessage
5) On Input Arguments list applet create a record and on Property Name column enter the Property Set Properties below::
MsgSubject = Test with Attachment File, Extension missing.
MsgToList = <my email addresss>
MsgHTMLBody = "Hello World"
CommProfile = "Default SMTP Profile", created on item 1
AttachNameList = <Name for email attachment file WITHOUT extension>, for example Report
AttachFileList = <Full path for the location for email attachment file>, for example C:\temp\report.pdf
6) Click on Run to simulate the business service and sent the email.
7) Receive the email on the email client the attachment has the same name of AttachNameList, no extension automatically added as in Siebel Innovation Pack 2015.
Upgrade from Siebel Innovation Pack 2015 to Siebel CRM 20.2 Update
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document