Application Level Object Changes In Developer Workspace Retaining In Parent Workspace.
(Doc ID 2798951.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 14, 2021
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 21.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Application level object changes in developer workspace retaining in parent workspace.
The environment is recently upgraded 21.6 from 20.6, and workspace is defaulted to MAIN.
When making changes to the application level object in a developer workspace (dws), the changes were being retained after inspecting the dws and logging out and back in to MAIN.
There does not appear to be a way to get back to what should be in MAIN without the dws update.
The update made in the undelivered dws seems to be cached in memory, and opening MAIN workspace and logging in does not help. Only restarting the environment will get back to MAIN as it should be.
This inspect behavior only occurs with Application level object and not with Applet or Buscomp.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) In Tools, create new dev workspace.
2) Add below scripts to Siebel Universal Agent Application object > Application_Navigate function to raise an error when a certain view is navigate.
5) Log in to the Callcenter application.
6) Open the second dev workspace, Inspect it.
7) Go to "Opportunity Detail - Contacts View", note "test" error is displayed. The expected error is "test2" as the second dev workspace is loaded.
8) Logout and Log back into the application, go the Go to "Opportunity Detail - Contacts View", note "test2" error is displayed. The expected error is "test1" as MAIN workspace is loaded.
The environment is upgraded 21.6 from 20.6.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document