After Update To Siebel CRM 21.3 The New Email Driver Fails To Process Large Emails With About 12MB or More On Windows Servers
(Doc ID 2800585.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 21.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Upon upgrade to Seibel 21.4 and Email response is unable to process large attachments , 12 MB and above
After update/upgrade to Siebel CRM 21.3 or later with the new 64-bit Email Driver for POP3 and IMAP protocols, if there is a large email message on the inbox the driver fails to process it with the following error message on Internet SMTP/POP3 Server or Internet SMTP/IMAP Server driver log files:
There is no errors in the mail.log on the new mail Servlet in the Siebel Server Application Containers (Apache/Tomcat), the email are been pulled with success by the new mail Servlet on Application Containers of the Siebel Server.
After the error as the email is not processed properly, it was never deleted from the mail box been monitored and after the Pooling Interval is reach a new attempt to pull the email occurs again lead to the error above again. At this point the eMail Response module trying to process email for this mail box get stuck trying to process the large email again and again until the large email message is removed from the mail box from by email administrator.
The behavior is ONLY observed on Communication Inbound Receiver component running over Windows platform.
The behavior can be reproduce with following steps:
- Setup new Email Driver introduced in Siebel 21.3 as indicated on ALERT: How To Upgrade To JRE 64-bit support for Siebel IMAP and POP3 Driver for Email Response; Replaces 32-bit Driver From Siebel 21.3 and later (Doc ID 2761440.1)
- Setup a single mail box to be monitored and confirm email are been processed
- Send a large email message, for example an email with an attachment with more than 12MB
- The new Internet SMTP/POP3 or IMAP Server driver fails to process the email sent on step 3. In the log files the error above is observed
- No new emails arriving to mail box set up on step 2. is been processed and the email remains on mail box including the large email message.
- The only way to recover is to delete the large email message from the mail box.
Update/Upgrade to Siebel CRM 21.3 or later versions.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document