Zookeeper Registry Node /svcDiscovery Contains Wrong Information about Siebel Servers
(Doc ID 2803566.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 14, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 20.12 to 21.8 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Zookeeper registry /svcDiscovery/<ent_name> data is not updated when Siebel components are deactivated or Siebel servers are deleted from Siebel Enterprise.
When a siebel server entry is deleted in SMC, the corresponding entries in zookeeper under /SvcDiscovery tree are not cleaned up.
This happens when you either remove an existing server or unassign a component group from a given server node.
This consumes unnecessary resources in cgw Tomcat and lead to orphan servers in the svc discovery tree.
It also fills up the cloudgateway.log with redundant information and makes it harder to read.
Steps taken to reproduce the problem:
1. Launch SMC and create a siebel server "ses-0" and enable callcenter component.
2. Startup a callcenter session.
3. Then stop server.
4. Verify using Zooinspector or ZKUI that the following nodes does exist in zookeeper:
5. Now in SMC delete the server.
6. Although server definition is removed under /enterprises/siebel/servers/<server-name> you still can find the above nodes under service discovery.
These nodes then are added each time into the load balancer calculation which is causing unnecessary load and also fills up the cloudgateway.log
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document