Siebel Approval Manager - SAM Form Field Validation Not Working On Internal Fields
(Doc ID 2808866.1)
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2022
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 19.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Siebel Approval Manager (SAM) form Field validation not working on Internal Fields
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to SAM and Navigate to Administration
2. Navigate to Messages under Administration and Create New Record with below detail
Message Name = Test
Text = Test Validation Message
3. Now Navigate to Approval profiles under Administration
4. Drilldown on Profile Name
5. Add couple of internal fields and some fields from BUGDB
For all the fields update the below values
Validation Values = .*(Engineering|Installer).*
Validation Message = Test(Pick the value what we have created in step 2).
Find more details in Bookshelf.
6. Navigate to Home and create new record by selecting the profile under which we added validations in step 5
Provide the BUG Number and Click on refresh icon
Try to submit the request without entering the Value in Override Manager field
Observation :- It is allowing to submit the request
Now enter the Values which are not satisfying the criteria specified in step 5.Means enter the value without Engineering/Installer word.
Observation :- Validation not working on internal fields.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document