Siebel Component Parameter Change through Graphical User Interface (GUI) Requires Changing the Default Value Too
(Doc ID 2810160.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 21.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to change the "Enable Safe Boot" parameter to True through the Administration - Server Configuration for a given Siebel Object Manger component the change does not take effect, even after restarting the Siebel Server service.
However, if the same is done through srvrmgr command-line utility it works.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Site Map > Administration - Server Configuration
2. Navigate to Components
3. Choose any Siebel Component, for example, Call Center Object Manager (ENU)
4. On the lower applet choose Parameters on the drop-down menu, instead of Events
5. Choose any parameter, for example, EnableSafeBoot parameter, you need to search for this parameter
6. Change the "Value on Restart" from the current value to True or False
7. Press Tab to move to the field, and then Press Tab once more
8. The "Value on Restart" is reverted to the value that is set for "Default Value"
Attempt to implement Siebel component parameter change
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document