Repeating Component (RCR) Jobs Scheduled To Start At The First Minute Of The First Day Of Month Are Not Getting Scheduled As Expected
(Doc ID 2811689.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2021
Applies to:Siebel Financial Services CRM - Version 21.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Repeating Component Jobs scheduled to start at the first minute of the first day of month are not getting scheduled as expected.
Depending on the month the scheduled job is anticipated by one day with a wrong time, instead of 12:01:00 AM it shows 01:01:00 AM.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Set System Preference "Universal Time Coordinated" to FALSE
2) Set User Profile "Time Zone" value to "(GMT-04:00) Santiago"
3) Save Preferences and restart the Siebel Server
4) Create a RCR Job using any suitable component, let's say "Generate Triggers".
You many need to assign & enable the "Workflow" component group, and synchronize components.
The RCR job that reproduces the issue has:
a) Scheduled Start: 4/1/2021 12:01:00 AM (America/Santiago)
b) Repeat Unit: Months
c) Repeat interval: 1
d) Repeat From: Scheduled Start
5) Inspect the Repeating Instances on the same view, you need to pick the "Repeating Instances" applet instead of "Job Detail", which is the default
6) In the Repeating Instances applet, choose "Columns Displayed" to reveal "Repeating Start Date" column
7) Observe the following executed instances after 2 minutes or more:
Instance 1, 4/1/2021 12:01:00 AM (success)
Instance 2, 5/1/2021 01:01:00 AM (success)
Instance 3, 5/31/2021 01:01:00 AM (success)
Instance 4, 7/1/2021 01:01:00 AM (success)
Instance 5, 7/31/2021 01:01:00 AM (success)
Instance 6, 8/31/2021 01:01:00 AM (success)
Instance 7, 10/1/2021 12:01:00 AM (queued)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document