EAI HTTP Transport SendReceive Calls Going Through SES ApplicationContainer Always Returns HTTP 200 Even If External System Returns Non-HTTP-200 Code
(Doc ID 2818007.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2021
Applies to:Siebel System Software - Version 21.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When invoking EAI HTTP Transport SendReceive to send an outbound call which goes through the SES applicationcontainer such as those on Linux OS or for external systems having https URL, no matter if the external system returns http 400, 404, 500, 403, SES applicationcontainer always shows an http status code of 200.
The following steps can be performed to illustrate the problem:
1. Configure a 3rd party application such as SoapUI to act as a 3rd party system, so it runs a MockService to return a response for an http call.
For more information on using SoapUI as a Mock Service, please refer to SoapUI documentation:
2. Launch soapui > go to the project > double click and run it so it listens on the a particular port
3. In soapui > go to the response set up and set the http response code to http 500
This way, whenever SoapUI gets a request, it always returns http 500 error as a status, which is considered some kind of failure for http calls.
4. Log into Siebel Client UI > go to the BS Simulator and do EAI HTTP Transport Business Service call to soapui:
Set the HTTPRequestURLTemplate as follows:
Notice here it returns 200 (for http 200 status code), eventhough SoapUI infact returned http 500
6. Change the SoapUI Mock Service to return other status codes such as http 400, 404, 403, anything other than 200
Send the request again to the ses applicationcontainer URL to soapui, check the localhost_access_log file, it always returns 200, it never returns any of the http 4xx, 5xx codes that SoapUI returns.
7. This is the same behaviour when the ses applicationcontainer sends the request to an actual 3rd party system as well.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document