Cyrillic Symbols Are Not Properly Shown with Field Retrieval Type as Field Data
(Doc ID 2854261.1)
Last updated on MAY 13, 2022
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 21.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Cyrillic symbols are not properly shown when the data stored contains HTML and Cyrillic symbols.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open Table: S_SRV_REQ_X
2. Add a new column: SR_TITLE_LONG of type LONG
3. Link this new column to the Abstract field in Service Request BC
STEPS | NAVIGATION:
1. Open the Application and add the text below to the Summary control ( Abstract field ):
2. Save the record
3. Check the DB entry
4. Go back to Tools, and change the Control properties as below:
- Field Retrieval Type: Field Data
- Field Type: BC Field
- HTML Display Mode: EncodeData
5. Inspect the changes and review the text retrieved
RESULTS | FINDINGS:
The issue is replicated when Field Retrieval Type is set to Field Data:
When removing the Field Retrieval Type value, the text is displayed correctly, however the HTML is not interpreted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document