JPG Files Are Loaded Very Slow At Sales Order => Catalog => Browse View
(Doc ID 2859005.1)
Last updated on JULY 05, 2022
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 21.12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When image files are associated to products and the products are associated to catalog/categories, they are displayed at Sales Order => Catalog => Browser view.
It was working fine in older version (such as 20.12). But after applying 21.12, if JPG files are used, they are loaded very slow (like 20-30 seconds).
The issue can be replicated by the steps below:
1. Prepare 10 jpg files (50-100KB size may be better. You can copy the same file to make 10 jpg files).
2. Login to Siebel Application and go to 'Site Map'->'Administration - Document'->'Literature' view.
3. Click 'New File' to import the jpg files.
4. Go to 'Site Map'->'Administration - Product'->'Products' view and create 10 simple products.
5. Go to 'More Info'->'More Info' view and add the literature records in 'Thumbnail' control to each product record.
6. Go to 'Site Map'->'Administration - Pricing'->'Price Lists' view and create a price list record.
7. Drilldown on the name and add the product records in 'Price List Line Items' applet.
8. Go to 'Site Map'->'Administration - Catalog'->'Catalog Administration' view and drilldown on 'New Catalog' record.
9. Go to 'Products' view and add 3 product records to test1 category.
10. In Categories applet, add a record (Name:test2, Display Name:test2) and click 'Demote one level' button to make test2 as a sub category for test1.
11. Add another 3 product records to test2 category.
12. In Categories applet, add another record (Name:test3, Display Name:test3) and click 'Demote one level' button so it will be sub category for test2.
13. Add the remaining 4 product records to test3 category.
14. Go to 'Accounts'->'Accounts List' and create an account record.
15. Drilldown on the name and go to 'More Info' view. Associate the price list record to the account.
16. Go to 'Sales Orders'->'List' view and create an order record. Associate the account record to the order record.
17. Drilldown on Order #. It will go to 'Sales Orders'->'Catalog'->'Browse' view.
18. Click 'Compact' or 'Detail' icon in the right applet. You should see the 3 product records with the image files for test1 category.
19. Expand the categories and click test2 or test3. The image files will be eventually loaded but it will take very long time.
Applied Siebel CRM 21.12 update.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document