PostInstallDBSetup Is Giving Error "PostInstallDBSetup' run is not allowed , As it is already executing on this instance" While Executing Second Time After Initial Run Failed
(Doc ID 2861354.1)
Last updated on APRIL 07, 2022
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 21.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While trying to run PostinstallDB setup utility in PROD environment using command line for the second after initial run failed due to issue reported in reference note "PostInstallDBSetup Fails On SeedSchemaManifestUpgrade Substep When Applying Siebel 21.1 or 21.2 (Doc ID 2748047.1), second run also failing with error:
1. Stop Siebel servers & gateway
2. Invoke Siebel 21.11 patch update on ses
3. Provide existing Oracle_home and all db details to run PostInstallDB setup
4. PostinstallDB setup initially failed with error described in reference "PostInstallDBSetup Fails On SeedSchemaManifestUpgrade Substep When Applying Siebel 21.1 or 21.2 (Doc ID 2748047.1)"
5. Followed the steps to drop the table and tried to run from command prompt using command: PostInstallDBSetup -i Setup.ini -p xxxx -z xxxx
6. Second time it is giving error "PostInstallDBSetup' run is not allowed . As it is already executing on this instance."
7. Table S_APP_VER_HIST created at DB but no rows present
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document