Siebel Enterprise Deployment Fails With "createDir" Without Additional Information When File System Has Permission Issue
(Doc ID 2869421.1)
Last updated on MAY 16, 2022
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 22.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.1 version, Installation
When File System directory has a permission issue, deployment of Enterprise fails but no detailed information is recorded.
Steps to reproduce
This is new Siebel configuration.
1. Connect to SMC and setup Gateway.
2. Re-login to SMC and create new Enterprise profile "EntProf".
3. For the Primary Siebel File System, set the directory "/test/fs"
** Note "/test" is just created and its owner is still root in this scenario. It means the owner account of tomcat server cannot create "/test/fs" directory.
4. Set other parameters then save the profile.
5. Deploy "Entprof" as new Enterprise.
6. It fails (with a red circle)
7. Corresponding Config log (config_[timestamp].log) under cfgtoollogs/cfg directory shows the lines below at the end of the log file, but it doesn't say why it failed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document