DISA: Editing Correspondence Generated Document In Parallel By Two Users Causes Document To Be Deleted
(Doc ID 2892687.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 13, 2022
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 22.1 to 22.7 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrade from 15.18 to 22.1 version it was reported that when two users edit in parallel a document generated from correspondence template, the link to merged document dissapears.
Issue was reproduced in standard application with the following steps:
1. Install DISA 21.1 on two test machines as per: Install and Deploy Desktop Integration Siebel Agent (DISA) (Doc ID 2261758.2).
On one of the machines Siebel 22.1 should be installed.
2. On the machine where siebel is installed create a workspace and perform the repository changes from document below, then deliver the changes to the
Inline Attachment Editing Feature Changes In Siebel CRM Update 19.7 And Higher, It Will Fail To Edit With Error SBL-UIJ-53077 (Doc ID 2573712.1)
3. Install MS Office on both test machines as per Installing Microsoft Office on the Document Server
4. Enable document server component and generate a correspondence document following bookshelf chapter: Creating and Updating the SIEBEL.HTML File
This will generate a blank correspondence document.
5. User SADMIN logins to Siebel application on a machine ( session 1) and navigates to Correspondence -> My correspondence requests and click on the
generated document (Merged link), then pushes Edit.
6. The Merged doc is open by Ms Word, user makes a change then closes the word document and save changes, but he doesn't push "Finish" button on the popup applet open by Siebel.
7. Same user logins to the other machine (so session2) and navigates to Correspondence -> My correspondence requests and click on the same Merged link, then pushes Edit.
8. The Merged doc is open by Ms Word, user makes a change, closes the word document and saves changes, then he pushes "Finish" button.
9. On session 1 the user pushes Finish button and the Merged link disappears. On re querying the applet the link does not appear again.
10. On session 2 if user tries to open the Merged link (which is visible for him) he receives error: The file Merged.docx could not be found on any specified file system.(SBL-UIF-00230)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document