Prospect Import Throws Error in Import Tasks: "Error in Cacheobjectmetadata Method"
(Doc ID 2909459.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 12, 2023
Applies to:Siebel Marketing - Version 22.6 to 22.8 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Siebel 22.6 version, Siebel Marketing application, when importing prospects records import fails and the following error is shown in the import tasks:
The issue was reproduced internally in standard application in 22.6, 22.7, 22.8 versions using the following steps:
1. Navigate to Administration - Marketing -> Import Mappings and create new mapping with Main Object "Prospect"
2. Add field Mappings:
Home Phone #
3. Go to Administration - Marketing -> Import and create new Job "Import_Prospect" with mapping created in step 1
4. Set the following for the import:
Import Mode: Import New Records
Match Resolution Guideline - Overwrite Existing Record
File Name: Import_Prospect_file.txt
Data Type: Tab Delimited
4. Press "Activate" to launch the import.
5. Go to System Task and see new task in status "In Progress"
6. Task ends with Completed status but with Warning "Error in CacheObjectMetadata method" and no prospect is imported.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document