UTC Conversion Issue With Joined Field From External Business Component To Normal Business Component
(Doc ID 2915532.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 14, 2022
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 22.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
External Business Component joined field with UTC date time format Data Type is not displaying correctly when querying on single value field of normal Business Component from UI
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create Siebeldb in database
- Create External table (with the attached sql to the Bug) in Siebeldb. i.e Siebeldb is the name of the data source connection
- Login to Application and create Data Source using InfraDataSource sub system from sitemap--Administration-Server Configuration--Enterprise--Profile Configuration
- Add new data source name to Application Object Manager --OM-Named Data Source Name parameter
- Login to Siebel tools
- Create new development workspace under MAIN workspace
- Create new EBC table using the attached sql from the Bug and provide Data Source Name to Data Source Name child object of Table
- Configure EBC based on External Table. Configure BO, Applet, view and Transactions screen. Add the Transaction screen to Application object as page tab
- Configure Join with EBC in Account business component and bring Transaction Date, Transaction Type, Uploaded Date fields into Account BC and display in Account List Applet
- Deliver the changes
- Login to application. Assign new view to user responsibility
- Restart the siebel services
- Login back into application
- Go to Transactions Screen--Check the Transaction Date field is displaying the data correctly. i.e the database value and UI values are same .i.e insert data into External table for testing
- Go to Accounts screen--Accounts list applet
- Check Transactions Date, Transaction Type, Uploaded Date are joined fields from External Business Component in Account List Applet
- Query on Account Name Field. Once the query is executed, check the value in Transaction Date field. i.e It is observed field value is not converting into UTC Date Time value and displaying wrong value
- Query on Transaction Date field. Once the query is executed, check the value in Transaction Date field. It is observed field value is displaying correctly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document