Multiple ORA-01400 Errors Occur When Executing RepCrawler Utility After Upgrade
(Doc ID 2940826.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2023
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When repcrawler is executed to the already upgraded repository, ORA-01400 error is recorded many times to various tables in upgrep_dev_***\output\RepCrawler.log.
Steps to reproduce
Here is a background.
In certain combination (Database character set 'JA16SJISTILDE' is non-Unicode and the script contains many multi byte 'Japanese' characters), the step of the repcrawler fails. Step 1 below was provided as a workaround.)
1. Here are the steps to skip the step of repcrawler.
- Restore the database backup taken before upgrep.
- Rename RepCrawler.jar under dbsrvr\common directory.
- Run upgrep from the beginning so that it fails at the step for repcrawler without actual execution.
- Open state.log under siebsrvr\log\upgrep_dev_***\state directory.
- Find the entry with "Title = Preparation of Prior Customer Repository"
- Change the Status to Complete then save it.
- Restart upgrep so that the step for the repcrawler is skipped.
- Finish both upgrep and upgphys.
As a result, database upgrade was finished skipping the step of the repcrawler, and the workspace has been enabled there.
2. Later, the cause of the error at repcrawler was identified and the fix was implemented.
3. Run the repcrawler manually against the repository that has already been upgraded.
4. It shows the ORA-01400 error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document