Table Column Case Insensitivity Got Reverted After Applying 22.8 or Higher patch on Existing Siebel 22.7 or Prior Version
(Doc ID 2949667.1)
Last updated on MAY 17, 2023
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 22.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Vanilla Table : S_ASSET Column : SERIAL_NUM Case Insensitivity got reverted post Siebel 22.8 or Higher patch on top of Siebel 22.7 or prior version
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to Prior to 22.7 Siebel Tools
2. Create Dev Workspace
3. Query for Table S_ASSET
4. Query for Column SERIAL_NUM and note that "Default Insensitivity" Property value is None
5. Query for Project "Table Asset" and Lock it
6. Right click on Column SERIAL_NUM and click on "Case Insensitivity"
7. Click on next in "Configure Case Insensitivity " window
8. It will show the following details
Update Column : SERIAL_NUM
Create Column : X_SERIAL_NUM_CI
Create Index : S_ASSET_M54_C1_X
Create Index : S_ASSET_M1_C1_X
9. Click on Finish button
note that "Default Insensitivity" Property value is "DB Case & Accent" for column "SERIAL_NUM"
10. Apply and Activate the Table
11. Apply Siebel 22.8 or higher Patch
12. Login to Siebel Tools
13. Query for Table S_ASSET
14. Query for Column SERIAL_NUM and note that "Default Insensitivity" Property value is None
Apply Siebel 23.4 patch on top of Siebel 22.7 or Prior Version.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document