Error 'invalid selector: Unable to locate an element with the xpath expression' with Fields having Single Quotes or Apostrophe while Playing Test Scripts
(Doc ID 2964644.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2023
Applies to:Siebel Test Automation Interfaces - Version 23.2 to 23.9 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to play the test script which is having the field name with single quote causing below error in generated report
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Tools side changes:
- Login to Siebel tools
- Go to Contact Business Component
- Change the 'First Name' field to 'Contact's First Name' field
- Display the Field in Contact List Applet
- Deliver the changes to MAIN
Application Level Testing:
- Login to Siebel Application with AutoOn
- Start recording
- Go to Contact List Applet
- Create new record and enter Contact's First Name and Last Name
- Save the record
- Stop recording and generate test script
- Play the test script and observe the error from Generated HTML report
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document