Using a Local Business Service to Customize Transport Features for a Siebel Outbound Web Service
(Doc ID 477891.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2022
Applies to:Siebel System Software - Version 7.0.4  and later
Siebel CRM - Version 7.8.2 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In many instances, Web services utilize specialized Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) headers for common tasks such as authentication, authorization and logging.
To support this Web service extensibility mechanism, Siebel Applications support the notion of a local business service as a transport option for Outbound Web Services.
Also the local transport business service had to be used when one needs to add variations / features to transportation mechanism of SOAP messages.
- Use of custom error handing / auditing of transport errors and calls.
- Enabliing (parametrizing) of some transport specific features (such as providing EAI HTTP Transport parameters for two-way SSL handshake for Siebel CRM 8.0.x)
- Use alliterative methods of transportation (such as "Publish" method of the "EAI JMS Transport" to put SOAP Request into a JMS Topic instead of JMS Queue)
- Use custom transports of non-standard protocols (implemented as server-side script or a java business service or a EAI Transport DLL library).
For assistance in setting up an Web Services, please refer to documents:
- Setting up an Outbound Webservice in Siebel version 7.5.2 (Doc ID 477209.1)
- How To Test Siebel Inbound Web Services Using a Siebel Client (Doc ID 473838.1)
This document is informational and intended for any user.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document