Personalization Not Working in Web Client
(Doc ID 479309.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2022
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 184.108.40.206 SIA  and later
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows 2000
Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 220.127.116.11  Com/Med
Database: Oracle 18.104.22.168
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server SP 3
Database Server OS: None - Not Implementing Web Server OS
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-2597336591.
The following scenario was tested and troubleshooted:
1. There are two groups of users. Group A and Group B
2. When Group A logs in and navigates to Order Entry - Line Items view, the line items applet shows the out of the box applet and there is a particular field that is made required
3. When Group B logs in and navigates to the same view, the line items applet toggles to a custom applet and that particular field is not available and is not required.
This is implemented using Applet Toggle (for the toggling) and a Field User Property for the field required functionality. Both of these use a persistent profile attribute defined in the Personalization Profile business component. This is what is happening:
1. Group A logs in. Everything works as it should work. Logs out.
2. Group B logs in. Everything works as it should work Logs out.
3. Group A logs in. The view still has the Group B view and the field is NOT required.
4. SADMIN logs in. The view still has the Group B view and the field is NOT required.
5. Anyone logs in. The view still has the Group B view and the field is NOT required.
6. Additionally, the personalization log was not obtained while using the Object Manager (OM), even after setting PersonalizationLog parameter to a specific path in the cfg file on the server.
Some note worthy points :
a. The persistent profile attributes used are calculated fields based on out-of-the-box persistent profile attributes. The calculated field looks up LOVs and existing profile attributes and returns a Y or N.
Field = WCG SBC Organization ?
Value = IIF (Lookup ("WCG_SBC_ORG", [WCG Primary Division Name]) IS NOT NULL, 'Y', 'N')
b. A browser script was used to popup a message with the value of these calculated fields. The following result was observed:
During any login session, if these calculated persistent profile attributes get a value of 'Y', they stick on in the memory. As long as these variables have a value of 'N', everything works fine. But, as soon as a user login makes these attributes 'Y', from then on, it is 'Y' for every login.
c. In the Personalization Administration > Test view, when loading the profile, the attributes do get a correct value of 'Y' or 'N' based on their setup.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document