Intermittent Connection Failures From WebMethods To Siebel SBL-SMI-00126 And SBL-JCA-303
(Doc ID 481616.1)
Last updated on APRIL 26, 2021
Applies to:Siebel System Software - Version 22.214.171.124  and later
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 126.96.36.199 
Database: Oracle 10.1.0.4
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2003 Server SP1
Database Server OS: Sun Solaris 9
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-3388527211.
*** Checked for relevance on 23-MAY-2012 ***
*** Checked for currency AUG-31-2016 ***
The connections from webMethods to Siebel are intermittently failing with an error code 8234 on webMethods. Here is a sequence of events observed in logs:
1. webMethods attemps to login and open a connection.
2. a new session is instantiated in Siebel and waits, but does not proceed with authentication.
3. webMethods request reports 8234 with a timeout after 2 mins.
4. webmethods opens another connection. This goes through successfully.
5. The first Siebel session terminates with a timeout after 45 mins.
The siebel log prints the typical parameters for the session and then the following two statements:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document