Creating Parent Child Grandchild Relationships on Accounts Causes the Error "Invalid Hierarchy Structure - Circular Loop Detected.(SBL-APS-00120)"
(Doc ID 490202.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 8.0  to 188.8.131.52  [Release V8]
IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit)
Product Release: V8 (Enterprise)
Version: 8.0 
Database: Oracle 10.2.0.2
Application Server OS: IBM AIX 5L 5.3
Database Server OS: IBM AIX 5L 5.3
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-3526741061.
It was reported that an Invalid Hierarchy Structure, Circular Loop error happens in version 8.0 when certain relationships were set with Accounts. The specific error message is listed below:
The error can be reproduced by performing the following steps:
1. Create Account A.
2. Create Account B.
3. Create Account C.
In Account Administration:
4. For Account C, update Parent Account field to be Account B.
5. For Account B, update Parent Account field to be Account A.
6. Review the Account Hierarchy tree applet and note that the tree displays the three Accounts and their relationship correctly.
7. Navigate back to the Account Administration View.
8. For Account B, update the Parent Account field to be blank
9. Review the Account Hierarchy tree applet.
- The tree applet displays the two Accounts (B and C) and their relationship correctly
- The tree applet displays the Account A correctly
10. Navigate back to the Account Administration View
11. For Account B - Reinstate Account A as the Parent Account Field
The error " Invalid Hierarchy Structure - Circular Loop Detected.(SBL-APS-00120) " occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document