Personalization and ActiveViewName Profile Attribute
(Doc ID 491123.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 02, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 22.214.171.124  to 126.96.36.199  [Release V7]
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Database: Oracle 10.2.0.1
Application Server OS: Sun Solaris 10
Database Server OS: Sun Solaris 10
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-3262279153.
Checked for Relevance on 12-Apr-2013
Checked for Relevance on 22-Feb-2016
Checked for Relevance on 25-Jul-2017
Checked for Relevance on 12-NOV-2019
I have an issue with Personalization Administration. I would like to dynamically set a search specification on the Account List Applet, to only show records where the accounts Division is equal to the Division of the logged in user, when the current view is the Account My Office View. Here is what I have done so far:
1. Created a view called Account My Office View (copy of All Accounts List View)
2. In Administration - Personalization, created a rule with:
- Rule Type = Expression
- Conditional Expression = GetProfileAttr('Me.ActiveViewName') = "Account My Office List View"
- Include Expression = EXISTS([AGR1 Division] = DivisionName ())
3. Associated this rule with the Account List Applet
When the Conditional Expression is included in this rule, the search specification does not work on the Account List Applet and all data is shown. However, when I remove the Conditional Expression, the search specification works - but now it is being fired on all views and I only want it to fire on the Account My Office View. Is there a way to do this?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document