SBL-UIF-00275 When Calling Any Task From The Task Pane
(Doc ID 491130.1)
Last updated on JUNE 21, 2017
Applies to:Siebel System Software - Version 126.96.36.199 SIA  to 188.8.131.52  [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-3443949081.
** Checked for relevance on 27-Feb-2012 **
Task Based UI.
Using Task Based UI, the following error message is thrown with the Siebel vanilla Business Service "Task UI Service (SWE)":
Cannot get service: Task UI Service (SWE).(SBL-UIF-00275)
STEPS to reproduce using standard Repository and sample DB:
- From Siebel Tools, select object Menu in the Object Explorer
- Query for menu "Generic"
- Lock the project (Alt+L)
- Set the property 'Inactive' to True for Menu Item "Edit" of the menu "Generic"
- Compile this object into the SRF and launch application "Siebel Sales Enterprise" with this SRF, connected as SADMIN
- Navigate to Sitemap > Administration - Business Process > Task Deployment > Published Task
- In the top applet, search for task "FS Asset To Contract Task", click Activate
- Navigate to sitemap > Administration – Application > Tasks
- In the top applet, create a new record, open the pick applet on Task Name and select "FS Asset To Contract Task"
- In the bottom applet, add the "Siebel Administrator" responsibility
- In the top applet, click "Clear Cache"
- Navigate to site map > Agreements > List
- Open the task pane, you should see a task named "Assets to Agreement", try this task.
The log file shows the error below.
GenericLog GenericError 1 00000002470d0894:0 2007-10-11 11:13:06 Invocation of Task UI Service (SWE)::StartTask is not allowed.
ObjMgrLog Error 1 00000002470d0894:0 2007-10-11 11:13:06 (swefrmgr.cpp (3258)) SBL-UIF-00275: Cannot get service: Task UI Service (SWE)
Even if the log file does show the error below about the menu, it is difficult to link both.
ObjMgrSRFLog Error 1 00000002470d0894:0 2007-10-11 11:12:54 (objdef.cpp (9943)) SBL-DAT-00260: There is no menu item definition at position '20' specified as the parent for menu item 'Edit - Add New Record' in menu 'Generic'.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document