Activity Owner Picklist Problem if using "Primary Owned By" field for Single Organization Visibility. SBL-DAT-00498
(Doc ID 492787.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 22, 2018
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 126.96.36.199 SIA  to 188.8.131.52  [Release V7 to V8]
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
A problem with the owner picklist on the Action BC has been identified. There was a requirement to change the relationship between Action and Employee so that Activities may only have one Owner. To this end, the Owner MVFs was no longer used on the Action BC, and exposed the [Primary Owned By] field on the Applet with a pick applet labeled Assigned To.
Problem happens when users clear the value in the Assigned To field and step off the field. Cannot save the record or pick a new owner using the pick applet. The error message we get is "'First Name' is a required field. Please enter a value for the field. (SBL-DAT-00498)". There is no field on the Action BC with this name. May be referring to a field on the Employee BC. Can't determine how the 'First Name' field might be updated. The only way out of this is to now undo the record.
Checked the following already without any success: -
1. Turning off scripting.
2. Inactivating the Runtime events on the Action BC.
3. Set validation of the [Primary Owned By] field to check for a null value.
4. Scripting the PreSetFieldvalue on the Action BC to CancelOperation if the user tries to blank the field, so as not to allow no owner.
5. Looked for any Applet or BC User Properties.
6. Temporarily modified the class of the Action BC to CSSBCBase to check it is not the specialized class of the Action BC that is causing the problem.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document