Login cookie problem
(Doc ID 499874.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 25, 2020
Applies to:Siebel System Software - Version 18.104.22.168  and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Version: 22.214.171.124 
Database: Oracle 8.1.7
Application Server OS: Sun Solaris 8
Database Server OS: HP-UX 11.0
Utilizing the "Remember my User ID and Password" Checkbox causes problems when the password is changed in the LDAP directory.
The following error is returned
Steps to reproduce:
1) Login to Siebel with the "Remember my User ID and Password" box checked.
2) Close down, confirm going back to the home page shoots you right into Siebel (uses login information in the cookie)
3) Close down the browser.
4) Change the password in the LDAP directoy (Outside of Siebel).
5) Go back to the Siebel login screen (it should correctly bring up the screen, as I assume it tried to login with the cookie credentials but failed. AT THIS POINT THE PROBLEM MAY BE THAT THE COOKIE SHOULD BE REMOVED)
6) Type in the new login information, and the error above occurs
Error: 'top._swe._sweapp.S_App' is null or not an object
7) This error will continue to happen until the cookie is deleted from the file system, and the LDAP login of course is locked out by too many unsuccessful login attempts.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document