Unable to generate genbscript
(Doc ID 500298.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 09, 2021
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 7.7.1 SIA  and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Product Release: V7 (Professional)
Version: 184.108.40.206 
Database: Oracle 220.127.116.11
Application Server OS: Sun Solaris 2.8
Database Server OS: Sun Solaris 2.8
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-3028925471.
""Checked for Relevance on 11-Jun-2013""
**Checked for Relevance on 02/05/2016**
Getting the following error when i try to run genbscript on unix app server after moving the newly fully compiled SRF:
On DEV environment
1. There are 2 siebel servers - one on windows (appsrvr1) and one on UNIX (appsrvr2)
2. Stop both appsrvr1 and appsrvr2
3. Login to appsrvr1 (through RDC) and rename existing SRF 3-May-2006-siebel_sia.srf
4. Login to appsrvr2 (through telnet) and rename existing SRF 3-May-2006-siebel_sia.srf
5. Login to appsrvr1 by Remote Desktop Connection
6. On appsrvr1 siebel client and tools is also installed
7. So I connect to Tools dedicated to DEV connection and do a full compilation from scratch - name this SRF siebel_sia.srf
8. Move this SRF to appsrvr1 /objects/enu directory from the client /objects/enu directory
9. Also ftp ths SRF to appsrvr2 /objects/enu directory from the client /objects/enu directory
10. On appsrvr2 run the following commands
$ genbscript ""bin/enu/fins.cfg"" /apps/sea752/siebsrvr/webmaster enu
Could not open repository file '/apps/sea752/siebsrvr/objects/enu/siebel_sia.srf
File does not exist or may be in use by another process.(SBL-DAT-00142)
11.And the above see error comes.
Please let em know what is the wrong step being followed here - and why the error should come.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document