Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel System Software - Version 7.8  and later
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows 2000
Product Release: V7 (Professional)
Version: 7.8.2 
Database: Oracle 10.1.0.4
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server SP 3
Database Server OS: Sun Solaris 8
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-3250056441.
"Server Request Broker" is not starting automatically when the Siebel services are stopped and re-started. Below symptoms noted:
1) When I navigate to Administration - Server Management, the "Server Request Broker" Component is simply not started and I have to manually start it.
2) There is no "SRBroker_nnnn.log" file
3) The Server Request Broker is configured with the "General Events" Event Log Level value is 5.
4) Some of the other Component log files are as follows:
- Enterprise log shows:
ServerLog LstnObjCreate 1 0 2007-01-10 15:16:52 Created port 49174 for Server Request Broker
- CommInboundRcvr log shows:
GenericLog GenericError 1 0 2007-01-10 15:18:00 (scbconn.cpp (152) err=2003005 sys=126) SBL-SVR-03005: No server connect string for Siebel Component SRBroker in Siebel Enterprise XXXX, Siebel Server YYYY
- Mail Mgr log
GenericLog GenericError 1 0 2007-01-10 15:27:53 (scbconn.cpp (152) err=2003005 sys=126) SBL-SVR-03005: No server connect string for Siebel Component SRBroker in Siebel Enterprise XXXX, Siebel Server YYYY
How can I get SRBroker to start consistently?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms