Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 220.127.116.11  to 18.104.22.168  [Release V7]
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
*** Checked for relevance on 10-MAR-2015 ***
Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 22.214.171.124 
Database: Oracle 126.96.36.199
Application Server OS: Sun Solaris 8
Database Server OS: Sun Solaris 8
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-1321858611.
We have noticed that in some of our views, while a user accesses a view, the Last Updated By and Last Updated Date information automatically gets set. This happens even when the user has made no changes in the view.
Based on some investigation at our end and after going through some similar Service Request postings, we conclude that this happens due to the below mentioned reasons:
- MVL settings in a BC. Auto Primary set to Default.
- If for some reason, the primary id is null, Siebel automatically sets it to a value of 'No Match Row Id'. This can be seen in spool. This cannot be traced while debugging and puttting break pts in PrewriteRecord of BC.
There could be further reasons (substantiating the above) as well as to why this happens in our configuration:
- Addition of new MVGs and Primary fields during the course of the project as part of changes requested by users.
- Modification and viewing of same data through different BCs (and views). We have few copies of the Opportunity BC and have noticed that the properties of all the MVLs do not match. Some are missing in one of the BCs and some do not completely match, since they are not really needed.
This last updated information is very crucial to our users and hence we need your support in resolving this issue due to Siebel behaviour. We would request you for the following info:
1. Is our understanding (as explained above) of the issue correct?
2. How can we ensure that Siebel does not update the records automatically? Please note that we do need to use the Siebel standard auto Primary functionality.
3. Is there any workaround to ensure that Siebel does not update the past as well as future data? What measures can be taken?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms