Runtime Event Expression not evaluated when it involves fields not on Applet
(Doc ID 515314.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 03, 2020
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 7.8  and later
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Checked for relevance on SEP-01-2020
A runtime event is created to execute a business service on the WriteRecordUpdated event of a custom BC. The RTE never fires if the condition on the RTE involves a field not Force Active or displayed on the applet where the update is triggered from.
The steps to reproduce the behavior are below:
1. Create a Business Service with one method:
BS Name: HelloWorld
2. On the Administration Runtime Events / Action Sets screen create an action set called "HelloWorld" to run this service.
Action Type: BusService
Business Service Name: HelloWorld
Business Service Method: Hello
3. On the Administration Runtime Events / Events screen create an Event on:
Sequence: 2 (It set to 2 because there is OOB events with sequence 1)
Expression: [Manager Last Name] Is Not Null
Action Set Name: HelloWorld
4. Reload runtime events.
5. Goto Contact > More Info view "Contact Details View (Detail tab)" and set the Manager Last Name field.
6. Update the any field (ie. Job Title) on the same view and the event fires as expected.
7.Then goto another view "Contact Detail View" and update the Job Title again. On this view, the event does not fire.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document