Drilldown from Product Catalogs loses context
(Doc ID 520295.1)
Last updated on JUNE 03, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 7.8.2  and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 7.8.2 
Database: Oracle 18.104.22.168
Application Server OS: Sun Solaris 5.8
Database Server OS: Sun Solaris 5.8
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-2919627851.
Customer is facing an issue in the new 7.8 Catalog structure from Sales Orders screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to reproduce the behaviour:
1. Login into the Siebel 7.8.2 eMedia_enu application.
2. Goto Admin - Products ->Product Catalog and create a new Catalog. Ensure that the Catalog Type = "Buying"
3. Drill down on the catalog name and create a new category.
4. Add some products to this category using 4th level Products link. These products should be added to a price list, e.g. "Primary Price List".
5. Go to Sales Orders->Catalog View and create a new Sales Order. Set the price list field to the one in which your products are present (e.g. Primary Price List). You should be able to see the Catalog structure in the "Browse" view (Sales Order-Browse Catalog View).
6. Drill down on Catalog Name here. This will take you to "Sales Order-Catalog Home View".
7. In the same view, on the Categories List applet you should be able to see the Category created in above step. Drill down on the Category Name from the "Quote Catalog Admin Category List Applet (ReadOnly)"
The application loses context and drill-down takes you to Quotes Screen - "Quote-Browse Catalog Category Details View - Add to Cart". This is not the intended behavior. The context should remain in Sales Order screen and the view should be: "Sales Order-Browse Catalog Category Details View - Add to Cart".
Same behavior is observed if you drill down on the Product Name on the "Quote Catalog Admin Catalog Category Product List Applet" from the same view.
Observation: By looking into Tools, customer could find that the applets shown in "Sales Order-Catalog Home View" are shared between "Quotes" and "Sales Order" screens. Due to this the Drill Down Definition always takes you to the Quotes Screen views, as there is no definition for Sales Order view. (See Applet Drill Down object definition for the applet: "Quote Catalog Admin Category List Applet (ReadOnly)".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document