Complex Query - “Please start a new query or refine one that is less complex” ignored in version 7.
(Doc ID 522183.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2022
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 22.214.171.124  and later
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows 2000
Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 126.96.36.199 
Database: Oracle 188.8.131.52
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server SP 2
Database Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server SP 2
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-1018435451.
When a complex PDQ has been defined and executed, if the user attempts to refine the query, the application would throw out an error:
“Current search specification is too complex to be refined. Please start a new query or refine one that is less complex.”
This was happening in Siebel 2000. However, the behavior appears to be different in Siebel 7. The error message does not occur, but the user is unable to refine the complex query.
Steps to replicate this issue
1. Log into the application, navigate to the contacts screen, All contacts view.
2. Press the new query button, Select the last name field, and type the following text: [Last Name] LIKE "Aamos" OR [First Name] = “James”
3. Execute the query.
The query is executed and the records are returned according to the query criteria.
4. Now press ALT+R to refine the query. The query criteria are displayed and the user is able to refine the query.
5. Now save the query with a particular name say “Test”
6. Press new query, and execute query buttons on the toolbar.
7. Now select the “Test” query from the pdq dropdown. This query is executed and records are returned according to the query criteria.
8. Now attempt to refine the query by pressing ALT+R.
When this is done is Siebel 2000, the application throws out the following error message “Current search specification is too complex to be refined. Please start a new query or refine one that is less complex. “.
However, in Siebel 7, the application does not give this warning message when the same actions are performed. In addition to a warning not being given to the user, when refine query is done, none of the query criteria are visible to the user. The user cannot refine the query from the UI.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Steps to replicate this issue|