Problem With WF Step Branch Column "Event Visibility" - ARCHIVED
(Doc ID 525540.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Workflow - Version 184.108.40.206 SIA  and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (64-bit)
Version: 220.127.116.11  Com/Med
Database: Oracle 18.104.22.168
Application Server OS: Sun Solaris 9
Database Server OS: Sun Solaris 8
We use the following process to migrate WF process from one environment to another.
1) From Source environment, via Siebel tools export wf process to xml
2) Check in this xml into source control db (Dimensions)
3) Using a source controlled version of this xml we use Siebel tools to import the wf process to our target environment.
The behavior we observed in both Siebel Sample tools db and our own internal Siebel environments is, if a wf step branch does not have an Event Visibility value defined ie "null" this field will get popluated automatically with the value of "Enterprise" when the import is complete in target environment. We have compared both XML before and after checking into our source control database and this process does nothing to alter the xml.
It is our understanding that this field
"Controls whether the workflow process waits for run-time events generated locally (that is, within the current session) or by any session.
If the workflow process is persistent, the visibility can be set to Local or Enterprise.
If the workflow process is not persistent, visibility should be set to Local.
NOTE: Setting Event Visibility to Enterprise means the run-time event occurring anywhere will search for any matching instance. This can cause a negative performance impact, so the Enterprise setting should be used sparingly."
If this is true, then we have two primary concerns
1) The potential performance impacts according to the above descriptor and
2) any attempts to alter the field value to "local" throws an error message "Field 'Event Visibility' is read-only, you cannot update it.(SBL-UIW-00150)"
The behavior described above apply to WFs that were migrated and were existing in our previousl 75 version and now most environments exception for Produciton are on SIA7823. Newly created WF branch default to "Enterprise" but again this field cannot be updated.
1) If this "Enterprise" value on the "Event Vis...
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document