Siebel 7.7 - EIM processing is slower
Last updated on JULY 17, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Enterprise Integration Manager - Version 22.214.171.124 SIA  to 126.96.36.199  [Release V7 to V8]
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 188.8.131.52  Fin Svcs
Database: Oracle 184.108.40.206
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
Database Server OS: Sun Solaris 9
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-1901834301.
***Checked for relevance on 01-Aug-2014***
A stress test results show that EIM processing is much slower in 7.7 compared to 7.0.4 production.
Both environments have similar hardware capacity.
Referring to one of the EIM jobs,
Description: Account Update
EIM tables: EIM_FN_ASSET, EIM_AST_DTL
IFB file: As attached
Record count: 68,000 records
7.7 SIT and Application Test Environment EIM processing time: 25 minutes (12.5 minutes for each EIM table)
7.0.4 production EIM processing time: 12 minutes (6 minutes for each EIM table)
Here are what we have tried vainly to tune it (The best improvement was the reduction of only 1 minute in processing time):
- Amended init.ora permutation count from 100 to 80,000
- Amended init.ora log buffer space from 1MB to 8MB
- Updated database statistics weekly. Also, tried regenerating statistics before running EIM job.
- Columns used in EIM are placed in the first 'section' from database perspective
- Row chaining details as follows:
Table Chained Rows Total Rows % Chaining
S_ASSET 0 1,751,930 0.00
S_ASSET_X 53,769 1,439,102 3.74
- Dropped all triggers
- Rebuilt base tables S_ASSET and S_ASSET_X
- Set no logging on these two EIM tables
2. Siebel EIM
- Tested with combinations of 500, 200, 5000 records per batch, 3 to 7 batches per eim task, and 1 to 5 eim tasks running at the same time
- Tested with combinations of USE INDEX HINTS and USE ESSENTIAL INDEX HINTS in IFB
- Transaction Docking is false
- Used SQLPROFILE in IFB. All queries are executed in 30 seconds. Attached are two log files, one for each EIM table.
1. Is such increase in EIM processing time expected when upgrading from e.g. 7.0.4 to 7.7?
2. Ideally, EIM processing time should be similar with or shorter than that of current production. What are your recommendations to achieve this? Any changes in Siebel parameter, database parameter..
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms