How does Organizational Hierarchy work?
(Doc ID 530217.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 7.8.2  and later
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows 2000
Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 7.8.2 
Database: Oracle 10g
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Database Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-2360835350.
***Checked for relevance on 13-March 2015***
Planning to go for Multi Organization implementation.
Users are spread across countries. The implementation will be in one language English. Want to understand the answers for below questions regarding OOTB Siebel for further proceeding in the design.
1. Can there be multiple independent root organizations (Organizations without Parent) similar to the level of "Default Organization" in Siebel?
2. Should all the Organizations be under one Root Parent Organization in Siebel?
3. Should we always have "Default Organization"?
4. Is there any seed data dependencies on "Default Organization"?
5. Lets have the below assumptions:
There are root Organizations O1, O2. These Organizations don't have parent Organizations.
Organization O1 has sub Organizations O11 and O21
Organization O2 has sub Organizations O21 and O22
The employee E1 belongs to Root Organization O21.
Give an Opportunity view with visibility across all Organizations to the responsibility of employee E1.
The question is, will E1 see all the records only from organization O1 or will he see the records from the organizations O1 as well as O2?
6. Is there any facility OOTB that allows us to get Subset of Organization visibility. In case Employee E1 belongs to Organizations O11 and O12, then will he see records from both the Organizations in his my organization view?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document