Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 18.104.22.168  and later
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 SP3
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
Database Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-2449476720.
Checked for relevance on 10-Jun-2014.
On a BC based on CSSBCBase class (that is, without any specialized behavior), a field was created and mapped to system column MODIFICATION_NUM. The intention behind this field was to verify if the record has been saved to the database. Based on the value of the Modification Number, BC User Properties were set up to make certain fields read-only when the modification number is NULL.
The Modification Number is not updating upon save or moving off the record (high interactivity). The only way the Modification Number would update would be to re-query the applet.
Setting 'Force Active' and 'Immediate Post Changes' to TRUE and even using the user prop 'On Field Update Invoke' with the method "RefreshRecord" did not help.
Steps to reproduce
Define the following 2 fields in Admin Competitor BC and expose them in Competitive Competitor Administration Applet:
1) Modification Number. Map this field to system column MODIFICATION_NUM.
2) Modified Calc. Set Calculated = TRUE and Calculation Expression to:
IIF([Modification Number] IS NOT NULL, 'Y', 'N')
4) Create new record in Competitive Competitor Administration Applet and step off to the next record. Observe that ATO Modification Number is null.
5) Go to Menu > About Record and it shows that Modification # is 0 but this is not set on the applet.
6) Only upon requery, the modification number becomes 0 in the user interface.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms